Queen & Slim UK Premiere
Involved with the production for the UK premiere of the highly anticipated feature film, Queen & Slim from director Melina Matsoukas.
Working in a small team, I helped conceptualise, produce and deliver an experiential premiere with red carpet and screenings at Rich Mix Cinema in Shoreditch. Followed by a New Orleans inspired party at Shoreditch Studios.
We brought the event to life with lush greenery, beautiful flower installations, cocktails and a Creole menu. Topped off by tunes from Capitol Xtra’s DJ Manny Norte and DJ Ellie Prohan, plus an amazing live performance from Tiana Major9.
- I was involved in organising developing partnerships and managing deliveries from event partners Brixton Brewery, Tony’s Chocolonely, Karma Cola, Wrey & Nephew, Strykk and Magnum Tonic Wine.
- In charge of framing and curating an exhibition of images from the film to be shown at the afterparty.
- Involved with multiple site recces to brief our lighting, set design & sound teams.
- Assisted with graphic design.
- In charge of making sure all crew received lanyards and radios.
- Assisted health and safety officer and security before, during and after the event.
- Aided event talent.
- Set up screens with free refreshments for all guests.
- Managed transport of art and set pieces to and from the afterparty.
- Assisted the team with tea, coffee & food throughout set up and clear up.
- Organised transport and accommodation for talent.